My Books

Maggie's books

Charlotte's Web
Green Eggs and Ham
The Cat in the Hat
Matilda
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Goodnight Moon
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
Number the Stars
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
The Notebook
The Fault in Our Stars
The Last Song
The Lucky One
Thirteen Reasons Why
Safe Haven
The Joy of Cooking
Little Women
Anyone But You
Oh, the Places You'll Go!


Maggie Lust's favorite books »

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Looking for Alaska

I am currently reading Looking for Alaska by: John Green. After I read The Fault in Our Stars by him saw this book and have heard that this book is a really good book. As I started it was really good and really long. I've been reading it and gave it some time but now it is so boring, so long that I just want to stop reading it. I thought about this earlier but said that I had to keep reading and try and stick with it, but I just can't anymore. It's not interesting anymore and I have lost total interest.

This weekend I got to see Heaven is For Real with one of my really good friends. I wanted to see it so bad that she finally told me that I needed to go see the movie after I read the book. It was crazy because while I was reading it I knew that all the sad parts were coming but during the movie I didn't see it coming. It got me the whole time. I have to admit I really did like the movie but the book was much better. It went into so much detail that made me understand it better. But I like visualizing it better. I would defiantly recommend that if a book was going to become a movie that you should read the book before or don't read it. If you read it after then you will know everything and have nothing to look for in the end.

5 comments:

  1. I've now read heaven is for real twice and i definitely agree with you that the book was better. I feel like the movie left out needed details during the hospital visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book seems pretty good but i dont think this is my type of book

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also just started reading Looking for Alaska. I haven't gotten very far but so far, I agree. I can't seem to read for very long before putting the book down! I think I'm going to try to read further just because I love the author and want to give it a chance. After reading this post I think I'll read Heaven is for Real. I trust your opinion! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the design of your blog it looks soo good!!! i wish my blog page looked this neat.

    ReplyDelete